Note: Adapted from a recipe by Robin Miller, Food Network. I love the taste of roasted red peppers. I haven't been a fan of hummus in the past, but the flavors of roasted red peppers and cumin make this a regular snack now. I eat it with pita chips, tortilla chips, or rye crisps.
1 (15 oz.) can of chickpeas, drained
1 cup roasted red peppers, drained
1/4 cup tahini (sesame paste) *I find it in the bulk grains section of our grocery store.
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 to 4 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon ground cumin
salt and ground black pepper to taste
Rinse and drain 1 can of chickpeas. Place drained chickpeas in a blender (or food processor) and add red peppers, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and cumin. Process until smooth. Season with salt and black pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with parsley, if desired.