Thursday, March 27, 2008

Tori's Coleslaw

Note: Tori served this coleslaw when she invited us over for an oyster boil. When I'm in the mood for a more vinegar based coleslaw, this one is wonderful.

1 large cabbage, chopped (or I usually buy two bags of chopped cabbage for coleslaw)
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 green pepper, finely chopped
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup oil
1 cup vinegar (I've used both white and cider.)
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp celery seed
1 T salt

When Tori and I make it, we mix the veggies together, then whisk the dressing and pour over the top, refrigerate for at least two hours.

The original recipe recommends mixing the veggies together, then sprinkle the sugar over the top of the veggies. Bring the rest of the ingredients to a boil, then pour over the top of the veggies and sugar. Refrigerate overnight.