Saturday, July 5, 2008

Eskimo Balls

Note: Well, this was the name on the recipe card that I was given! When serving them to a more modest crowd, I refer to them as White Chocolate Oreo Balls. A popular treat at Christmas, but I've also seen them show up at baby showers and other parties, too. They're rich; you probably won't be able to eat more than one. But, wow, are they good! One package of Oreos makes about 24 balls.

1- pkg of OREO cookies
1 - 8 oz package of cream cheese
1 bag of white chocolate morsels, white bark coating, or white candy melts

Process the OREO cookies until you reach a fine/powder consistency. Mix with softened cream cheese. Roll mixture into balls about the size of a ping pong ball. In a double broiler, melt the white chocolate morsels. Roll the OREO balls in the melted chocolate (it is easiest if you use a spoon to support the ball so it does not fall apart). Place chocolate covered OREO balls on wax paper and stick them in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.