Note: A staple at any Toce family holiday dinner. Brian asked me to make this recipe early on in our relationship. Brian said, "Our whole family loves it and we eat it all the time." Bethany was coming over for dinner that night and asked me what we were serving. I said, "Lime jello salad!" Her response wasn't very enthusiastic a response for a dish that I was told the whole family loved. When she arrived, she looked in the refrigerator and exclaimed, "You made green jello!" I learned quickly that no one in the family calls it by its actual name, lime jello salad!
1 large pkg lime Jello, mixed and partially set
1 pkg cream cheese, softened
1 sm can crushed pineapple
1-8 oz tub Cool Whip
pecans, chopped
Beat set jello. Add cream cheese. Beat til smooth. Add pineapple, Cool Whip, and chopped pecans. Mix well. Let set in refrigerator.