Note: Found this recipe when trying to make a dessert that my friend Tori's son, Peyton, could eat. Peyton is allergic to nuts and dairy. I left the nuts out, obviously, when making it for him. Who's Del? I don't know. But she makes a great, low-fat apple cake. In theory, you can substitute applesauce for the oil, but I have not tried it yet. Can serve topped with carmel sauce if you aren't eating this cake with the healthy appeal in mind.
4 C diced apples, peel if skins are tough
2 eggs
1-1/2 C sugar (I often use all or part Splenda.)
1/2 C oil
2/3 C pecans or walnuts, chopped (optional)
2 C flour
1 tsp salt
2 level tsp baking powder
1 tsp soda
2 tsp cinnamon
Put diced apples into bowl. Break eggs over apples and stir well. Add sugar, oil, and nuts. Mix well. Add remaining ingredients. Pour into 9 x 13 pan. Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees.