Thursday, April 9, 2009

Faith's Chili

Note: This recipe is borrowed from the Ironbridge Baptist Church fall festival. I think it originated with Sherry Hoover, who manages the finances for our church. Faith raved about the chili served at the festival and requested the recipe. We moved to Virginia after the church stopped hosting the festival so I never got to try the chili. However, when doing a frozen dinner meal exchange, Faith made chili for her freezer meal. When I tried it, her chili satisfied my craving for a good chili recipe I had searched to find. I called Faith and she shared the recipe with me. Though she humbly shared the story behind the recipe, it will always be known as Faith's Chili in my recipe book!

Brown 1-1/2 pounds of ground beef with diced onion and green pepper. Drain.

Add to the ground beef:
1 large can of Bush's Chili Beans (mild)
1 large (even larger than the Bush's Chili Beans can) can light kidney beans
At least 2 cans diced tomatoes (can use chili-ready tomatoes)
2 envelopes chili seasoning

Add water as needed. Simmer at least a couple of hours covered.