Note: I make this quite often. It's perfect through the winter, but it also makes a quick meal other times of the year also.
1 pound ground beef or turkey
1 can whole kernel corn, partially drained
1 can Rotel, partially drained
1 can diced tomatoes, partially drained
2 cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed (By mistake, I discovered that we love Luck's Pinto Beans with Pork in this soup. I panicked when I realized I purchased them one day by mistake. Skim the fat back and fat layer off the top of the beans and rinse them. The pork flavor infused in the beans takes this soup to another level.)
1 cup water
1 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch dressing/dip mix
1 pkg taco seasoning (I prefer Old El Paso.)
Brown meat in a small amount of oil. (Sometimes I throw some chopped onion in with it.) Drain. Add the rest of the ingredients. Boil, then simmer. Top with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, tortilla chips or Fritos corn chips.